About Florida Hoarding, Clutter, Messies Services
Hoarding is all about rationalization. It is about rationalizing that you need the 5 year old newspaper, you need that top of a cereal box.
Hoarders are self-taught. They train themselves and those around them, to accept their behavior. — Ron Alford, founder of Disaster Masters®
Why Should You Trust Me?
Experience and wisdom. Starting in early 1980, I discovered a person that was referred to as a “hoarder”, in a high rise apartment in NYC. The tenant above this 75 year old retired social worker had an overflow. Water rained down on her apartment and several below.
At the time my company, Disaster Masters® was the designated disaster response firm in NYC for The Travelers, Hartford and a dozen other insurance companies who were called in to mitigate further damage.
It took me from 1980 to 1995 to learn from my clients, the only way to help them recover their lives, over a period of time. In November 2000, MSNBC filmed a documentary on my company, the Disaster Masters®. Captured: MSNBC Investigates the Obsessed followed one of our thousands of clients, who failed to take good care of themselves. This episode was the genesis of BBC Life of Grime, New York, which documented my staff and I, over a 3 month period in NYC. Only one of my clients was allowed to be filmed in this series, as she was a victim of her husband’s behavior. Life of Grime became the number one series in the UK for two years.
Days later, dozens of aggressive TV production companies, including Oprah and Dr. Phil, banged on my doors, wanting to expose these people as ugly and freakish, because that makes great TV on the OMG networks.
Since then, Disaster Masters® restored over 5,000 individuals and families from a life of clutter, and coached them to manage their possessions and their lives.
Disaster Masters® is better than all the other clutter abatement companies, professional organizers, or hauling services you can call.
- We guarantee our work.
- We guarantee your results.
- We know how to solve your hoarding crisis…permanently.
- We are 100% professional, ethical, and nonjudgmental.
- Disaster Masters® has more experience in contents management, than ANY of our competitors.
In 1995, I coined the term disposophobia: “the fear of getting rid of stuff” —Ron Alford, founder of Disaster Masters®
Therapy Does Not Help Hoarders
Throughout time, we have recovered hundreds of people, that had been in therapy for years. Therapy did not help to “fix” any of these clients. To the contrary, therapy had a tendency to feed the therapist, and not cure the client.
Take the First Step
If you can get the hoarder / clutterer / messie to call us on the phone and ask us for help, we can help them.
For those who call, we have a 85 percent chance to provide the hoarder with a new and better way to live, without feeling any loss in the process. About 15 percent of the time they do not want to hear what I have to share and never follow through.
If they do not call us, nothing will work. Drugs will not work, psychotherapy has never worked. Entering their homes and cleaning out the place while they are out, or under protest, will not work for long.
In most cases, the relatives or neighbors who call us are in much more pain than the hoarder.
Contact me to get started. Don’t wait for injuries, disease, eviction, death.